An Chéad Chomaoineach Naofa
Comhghairdeas leis na buachaillí agus cailíní ó Rang II, Gaelscoil Osraí, a ghlac an Chéad Chomaoineach ar an Satharn i Séipéal Naomh Fiacra. Congratulations to the 54 pupils of Gaelscoil Osraí who received their First Holy Communion at St. Fiacre’s Church on Saturday morning. Well done to the pupils themselves, their parents and families and their teachers.
On next Saturday at 11.00am 52 pupils from St. John of God Girls’ School will receive the Sacrament at St. Patrick’s Church.
Bank Holiday Arrangements
Welcome to all who have travelled home for the Bank Holiday. We welcome too those who have come to holiday with us for the weekend. We hope all will have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
Please note: the only Mass in the parish on bank holiday Monday is at 11.00am in St. Patrick’s Church.
Foulkstown School Reunion
Tickets are now on sale for the Foulkstown School Reunion on Saturday, 19th May at 8.30pm in the Springhill Court Hotel. All past pupils, their brothers, sisters and parents are welcome to come along. There will be Mass in Foulkstown Church at 7.30pm to start the evening.
We still need some more photographs connected with the school to show on the night. Please contact any of the committee with your photos or for a ticket: Colm Kennedy 086 037 7732, Frank O’Neill 087 949 0669, Patty O’Neill 087 966 8037, Michael Doyle 056 772 3313, Timmy Byrne 086 827 1688 and Richard Eardley 086 176 7458.
St. Joseph’s Young Priests Society
The monthly meeting of the St. Patrick’s Branch of the Society will take place immediately after the 10.30am Mass on Friday, 11th May in St. Patrick’s Parish Centre. All welcome to come and promote vocations.
Eucharistic Congress 2012
· There will be an information evening for all planning to attend the Eucharistic Congress and Statio Orbis at St. Patrick’s Parish Centre on Thursday, 17th May at 7.30pm. It is hoped all tickets booked for the event will be available for distribution at this gathering (subject to tickets being issued from Dublin).
· Over 1,000 Statio Orbis tickets have been booked through the Ossory Diocesan Congress Office and further booking through the diocese is no longer available. Tickets may still be booked online until 9th May after which applicants must apply in person at the RDS during the week of the Congress, if any places remain.
· Ossory Youth is preparing for the Congress by gathering for a pilgrimage to Slievenamon and Westcourt on Saturday, 19th May. Further details will be available here next weekend. We encourage our young people to participate.
· To help defray the costs the fourth nationwide collection for the International Eucharistic Congress will be taken up at all Masses this weekend. Please contribute generously.
· To mark the commencement of the final month of preparation for the 50th International Congress the Papal Nuncio, Archbishop Charles Brown, will celebrate Mass live on RTE1 television at 12 noon on this Sunday, 6th May.
· Iarnrod Eireann is willing to operate special trains for pilgrims from Waterford and Kilkenny on 12th and 17th June. However, booking is slow and the service may be withdrawn if there is insufficient interest. Intending passengers are asked to book at your local train station as soon as possible.
· Parishes, schools, residents’ associations and householders are invited to display flags and buntings locally to mark the Congress occasion and to welcome pilgrims who will join us from all over the world.
Pray for our Deceased Friends
Recently Deceased: Betty Bolger, Loughboy Park. Funeral arrangements later. Martin Patrick Butler, St. Teresa’s Terrace. Funeral Monday at 11am in St. Mary’s Cathedral. Joan Manning, Ballyfoyle. Louisa Broderick, Currow, Co. Kerry. Margaret (Peggy) Wall, DeLoughrey Place. Ger O’Brien, 4 Newpark. Brigid O’Neill, Ballyhale. Juan Martinez, Epson. Kathleen Power (Sun 12.00). Judy Lawson, London (Fri 10.30).
Months Mind: Patricia O’Neill (Sat 7.00).
Anniversaries: Martin Ryan (Sat 6.15), Lar Doyle (Sun 10.00), Maurice Nolan (Sun 10.30), John Hennessy (Sun 11.00), William O’Brien Snr, William O’Brian Jnr, Ann & Billy O’Brien (Sun 12.30), Mary Carroll (Tue 9.30), Patrick O’Neill (Wed 9.30), John & Catherine Alley (Thurs 10.30), Catherine (Kit) Grace, Elizabeth Tynan.
Intentions Next Weekend: Anthona Burke (Sat 6.15), Charles Slattery (Sun 10.00), Patrick O’Connell (Sun 12.00), Gerard Carolan (Sun 12.30).
Well done to parishioner Thérèse Buckley, Outrath who has been chosen as Carlow/Kilkenny Carer of the Year.
Last Weekend’s Envelope Collection
Thanks for your contribution of €1,965.00 received last weekend.
The Village GAA Club invites parents to submit written reports and images of juvenile and youth level games for publication in their monthly newsletter. Submit to email@example.com.
A wide range of items for First Communion and other religious items are available at our Parish Shop in the foyer of the Parish Centre.
· An hour’s prayer and adoration in honour of the Divine Mercy in the Capuchin Friary on 13th May from 3.00 - 4.00pm.
· Rosary at the Seville Lodge Grotto on the Callan Road at 3.00pm on each Sunday during May.
· Rosary at the Statue of Our Lady of Kilkenny in James Green recited this Sunday, 6th May at 3.00pm.
· Help us start a Kilkenny Branch of Arthritis Ireland. Come to St. Patrick’s Parish Centre, on Thursday, 10th May at 7.30pm. For information: contact Arthritis Ireland on 01 647 0206.
· Due to the Bank Holiday the next meeting of the Kilkenny Coeliac Support Group will take place on Monday, 14th May, from 8.00pm at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel. For more information contact Edwina at 086 862 8626.
· Social Dancing Classes at the Parish Centre, starting Monday, 14th May from 7.00pm - 8.30pm. 8 weeks. No need to book, just turn up.
· Facebook Classes for over 55s will commence at Loughboy Library on Wednesday, 30th May at 10.00am. Booking at 779 4176.
· Writers Group - meets at Loughboy Library every Thursday at 2.00pm. All ages and abilities are welcome.
· Support The Bangers and Mash Lunch for Amber (Carlow/Kilkenny Women’s Refuge) on Thursday, 17th May at the Aspect Hotel, Ring Road, Kilkenny – from 12.30 to 2.30pm. Donation €10.
· Kilkenny Flower Club's demonstrator Vera Carroll will be in Butler House on Thursday, 10th May at 8.00pm. Members and non members are welcome to attend.
· A Grand Variety Concert will be staged at Langton’s Set Theatre, Johns Street, Kilkenny on Thursday 24th May at 7.30pm. Tickets at €20 available at the venue. Phone 056 776 5133.
The Irish Catholic
The Irish Catholic, which is a great source of information and teaching from the Catholic Church is available to buy at the Sacristies. It costs €1.30.